At TeleSpeak we have a very simple philosophy about the training we provide, whether we are teaching telephony or the art of public speaking – IT MUST BE FUN.
This is because people learn more when they are having fun. People are more engaged when they arehaving fun, they put more into the experience and so - naturally - they get more out.
At the same time as having all this fun, we ensure that everyone involved agrees what the desired outcomes of the training are – that way you (and we) can objectively gauge the success of the training.
This is achieved by the use of a three-way learning contract. The learning contract is between:
- The Sponsor (pays for the training and therefore has a great interest in the outcome)
- The Participants (those attending the training – the outcome is their learning)
- The Trainer (responsible for providing the training)
[The roles of the Sponsor and the Participants are sometimes combined]
The learning contract is set out in terms of an overall aim and a set of agreed objectives. This approach lets the Sponsor and Participants know what to expect from the training and provides the Trainer with the outcomes they are responsible for delivering.
Training can be provided in a number of different ways:
- Public courses - on which you can book a place
- Tailored Training - specifically designed for each client
- 1-1 Coaching - for executives who want or need to concentrate on objectives individually
The subject matter of our training offerings falls into three categories:
- Public Speaking - Presentation Skills, Train the Trainer
- Telephony Training - Introduction to Telecoms for IT people
- Asterisk - The Open Source PBX and Application Development Platform